Maintaining a safe distance from overhead or underground power lines, equipment, structures and substations is the most important way to stay safe and out of harm's way.
Staying a safe distance from downed lines and structures is critical after a storm or other event. Reporting downed lines to local law enforcement is always a good idea to aid in the the safety of others.
Zero Contact Safe Work Practices
• Personal protective equipment (gloves and sleeves)
• Application of personal grounds
• Application of proper insulating material
• Proper use of clearance procedures
• To “speak up” and not accept, or walk by, a shortcut to safe work
• Slow down and perform effective job planning on all work assignments
Keeping your business or home cooled, heated and lighted with affordable, reliable and SAFE electrical energy, that is our goal.
This Touchstone Energy Cooperative video highlights the safe ways to use energy. Safe use of energy is the best use of energy.
Created with Mobirise Free Offline Site Builder